There will be a “preorder canceled” email from Amazon here soon, but it doesn’t mean anything for the book. Just that I can’t change the release date on Amazon (unlike traditional publishing houses… who can move things several months later… several times… *jealous*)
Some of you may already know from my street team on Facebook or my newsletter, but I’ve been sick since January, and it became pneumonia in February. I was advised by my doctor to “take it easy,” and even doing the dishes winded me and made my chest tight. It took until March before I was any better, and although I’m more or less “out the woods” now (albeit with a shiny new rescue inhaler), I’m several weeks behind on everything. EVERYTHING everything.
I’m still recovering while also playing catch-up. I have a list of priorities that go something like:
- Finish final touches on Witch of the Lake books for the audio studio. Although being an indie, I generally have until forever to make little changes to the text if I want to, because these books are being recorded by an audio studio, Nicolette Andrews and I have these next few days to make any final changes if we have any. So that comes first.
- Cover design and art briefs for artists. Because these projects take a long time and I have other professionals waiting for me, I need to get these squared away ASAP.
- Keep my promises to other authors – I’ve promised blurbs to dear friends and I have a TBR of lovely books to catch up on.
- Some initial work on the secret fantasy romance project Emma Hamm and I are working on. We need to get some foundational things settled so we don’t have rush later.
- Bright of the Moon! It’s very close to done but still needs some TLC from me and from my editors.
- The Dragon King and Immortelle. I’m more or less working on these together, and the TDK is coming right after BotM.
While in 2018 I might have lined up several 16-hour work days and all nighters to get this stuff done, overworking myself in January and being stressed out is partially why I got so sick and am taking so long to recover. So I’m fighting my instinct (WORK WORK WORK UNTIL I COLLAPSE! ahem) and trying to actually listen to my doctor and minimize stress and “take it easy.” I don’t really do vacations… I haven’t really taken one since my honeymoon a decade ago… but I’m trying to spend more time with Mr. Honfleur, watching shark movies, playing with our dog, doing little home projects (with help), and all the other stuff I usually feel guilty doing when I have a pile of work to do.
There won’t be any preorders for these 2020 releases because Amazon won’t let me put them up due to missing Bright‘s release date. So when these books come out, I’ll give you guys a couple days’ notice on social media and my newsletter so you know they’re coming, and BOOM! They’ll be on Amazon. 🙂
I gave myself time for Immortelle (thank heavens), so my projects after that shouldn’t be affected much. But yeah… I’m still recovering (my doctor wants me to test for coronavirus antibodies when the tests are more readily available), but I’m plodding along and trying to catch up as best as I can. I don’t have solid dates, just SOON(TM). I will try to post updates here as I have them.
Everyone please stay safe and healthy, and I’ll have more for you soon. 🙂